Monday 12 April 2010

Uniform

hanneli.com, littlestylebox.com

These two looks are so effective, and despite using such similar items, these two people manage to look totally different. The idea of a uniformed way of dressing really appeals to me. Not only does it eradicate the stress of getting dressed in the morning, but it also it allows a look to become identifiably 'yours'. A uniform should be specific to you and not make you a clone. Of course it could easily become boring, but there are ways around this. I know I seem to go on about this, but the key is quality! If you wear cheap jeans and jackets then you can tire of them easily, they become disposable and replaceable. But if you invest in quality pieces then you will have given more thought and effort to their selection and are likely to want to keep them. Also you have to be passionate about the clothes - why would you wear something regularly if you didn't like it or it didn't fit correctly?

I think I'm still working on a 'uniform'. I do gravitate towards the same things though. I tend to wear a stripey top, mini skirt+tights or jeans everyday! Luckily, I love them! Although I believe in investing in quality pieces, it's better to spend your money on good shoes and accessories, these make the biggest impact on an outfit. With clothes, there is no need to spend hundreds of pounds on a t-shirt - unless you want to - just buy whatever suits you best.

So tell me, do you have a uniform? If so, what is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment