Thursday, 1 April 2010

Dream Wardrobe

I thought I would start this blog by posting pictures of my dream wardrobe, so you can get an idea of the style I aspire to, and can chart my attempts to achieve it!

Tops


These would be my ideal tops. I tend to favor basic long sleeve loose tees, and cashmere jumpers that are long in the body. There is nothing more annoying then having to constantly pull down a top that rides up when you walk. A stripey top is an absolute essential to me! And I have found that a plaid shirt is my go-to item. If I can't think of anything to wear, I just pull out my shirt and pair it with jeans, simple. I adore the Chanel inspired Sandro jacket, perfect if you don't have thousands of pounds to spend on the real thing.


Jackets/Coats


Now for jackets. Living in a cold climate you end up wearing your coat for a good portion of the year, so its essential to have one that is flattering and good enough quality to hold up to constant wear. Although I don't agree with the wearing of fur, I do like the look but personally would always go for faux. Hopefully with the use of faux fur in the recent Chanel show, perhaps next winter the stores will have decent faux fur offerings. A blazer, a leather jacket and a trench coat are all basics I feel every wardrobe needs, it's just a matter of finding the right ones!


Bottoms


With bottoms I can't decide whether to go for skinny legged trousers, which I have worn for several years, or to move towards a looser chino. Ideally I would have a combination. I am constantly on the search for the perfect leather skirt and leggings, I think they look so luxe and are an easy way of introducing an interesting texture, without totally deviating from the classic black skirt/trouser.


Accessories


Finally, with shoes I am absolutely loving ankle boots with a small heel. I recently bought my first pair in Paris, and have long loved the Isabel Marant versions. You will be certain to see many shots of my boots in the future! I keep it very simple with accessories, in fact, I rarely wear any. The only thing I like is scarves - the bigger the better. My two dream bags are the Louis Vuitton bag designed by Sofia Coppola, and the Chanel 2.55. I forgot to put them in this selection but will do a post about flats later - i love them too! I hadn't worn heels before I bought my boots, which says a lot about my reliance on the ballet flat.

So what would your ideal wardrobe include? And do you like my choices, or is something missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment